sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Friday, July 10, 2009

yes

david gray : "be mine"
from the lp a new day at midnight (ato records, 2002)

from the very first moment i saw you that's when i knew
all the dreams i held in my heart had suddenly come true
knocked me over stone cold sober not a thing i could say or do
baby when i'm walking with you now my eyes are so wide
like you reached right into my head and turned on the light inside
turned on all the lights inside my mind

come on baby it's alright
sunday, monday, day or night
red or blue or white it's plain to see
be mine, be mine
raining shining, night or day
what's the difference anyway
honey till your heart belongs to me

if i had some influence girl with the powers that be
i'd have them fire that arrow at you like they fired it right at me
maybe when your heart and soul are burning you might see
that every time i'm talking with you it's always over too soon
and every day feels so incomplete 'till you walk into the room
say the word and i'll bloom- i'll jump that moon, yeah

come on baby it's ok
raining shining, night or day
there's nothing in the way now don't you see
be mine, be mine
winter, summer, day or night
centigrade or fahrenheit
baby till your heart belongs to me
be mine, be mine
thursday, friday, short or long
when you got a love so strong
how can it be wrong now mercy me
be mine, be mine
jumping jesus, holy cow
what's the difference anyhow
baby till your heart belongs to me

my body's on fire, now my heart is on fire, now my body's on fire, now my world is on fire, now my heart is on fire, am i losing my sanity ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

Love this song. David Gray is such a genius.

July 10, 2009 at 4:02 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Congratulations! Over the past few years I have been a quite onlooker to your life through your words and the lyrics of the music you love most and have grown attached to you through them. I love happy endings, or should I say happy beginnings? :)

July 23, 2009 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger tad said...

thank you, kris. definitely a happy beginning :-)

July 25, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites