sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Friday, January 16, 2009

i know that it's true / it's gonna be a good year

i had originally meant to include "in the new year" by the walkmen in my year-end lists, as it was my second-favorite song off you & me. but then i had the thought that, given my feelings about 2009, it would be a great song to post on new years eve/day. unfortunately, i noticed how many other bloggers had the same thought and so i decided to skip that post as well. now, two weeks into the year and here it is. but it actually still makes sense for me, because tomorrow my girlfriend finally returns from four weeks in japan. so for me, my year essentially begins tomorrow. and what a glorious beginning it will be, to a year that i am looking forward to with a level of anticipation and excitement that is impossible to adequately describe. i know that it's true / it's gonna be a good year.

unfortunately, my posting rate during the first few (technical) weeks of the year are probably an indication that 2009 won't be very different from 2008 around here. for everything that i am looking forward to accomplishing and enjoying this year, it doesn't seem that i'm going to have that much time to dedicate to sand is overrated. one day things will be different. for now, i'll be waiting on the weather / that i know will pass.

the walkmen : "in the new year"
from the lp you & me (gigantic, 2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites