sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

just give me time

so...yeah--i'm still here. i dream of the day when things won't be so busy and i can refocus some of my time and energy on those areas of my life that bring me the most satisfaction, sand is overrated being one of them, but sometimes i wonder if those dreams are just that--dreams. and if they are, is that really what life is all about? is that really all i want out of life? definitely not, and it seems clear to me that my life is currently not in the exact place that i would like it to be. but the potential promise of the professional endeavor to which i have committed my time makes the sacrifices seem worth a temporary discomfort. and for that, it seems the best that i can do is just give it time and hope that happiness is waiting for me at the end of the line, if not somewhere in the middle.

okkervil river : "just give me time"
from the ep sleep and wake-up songs (jagjaguwar, 2004)

this red-haired girl of mine tore a pinecone from the pine
to cut into her palm, singing the song her sinking lover sung
i shut my eyes, ripped a train from off the line
but a sudden gust of snow blew through a hole in my girl's clothes
well, my girl knows she’s not all right
and i don’t mind
just give me time, just give me time
oh baby...baby, give me time

her stinging eyes
and her sixteen-hour drive, and our shared, transparent rope
and our icy dive through hope i’ll memorize, and i’ll cut into my mind
i can’t believe it can be so
i won’t believe that my girl froze

well, my girl knows that i’m coiled tight and green inside
just give me time, just give me time
oh baby...baby, give me time

and that weight you hold, it’s getting light
and, love, i know you’ll lift it easily up high
just give it time, just give it time

baby give me time
oh baby, just give me time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites