sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Monday, May 05, 2008

if i am lost, it's only for a little while

it's only the fifth day of may, but i think i can safely say that this will likely be the (first and) last time this month i get a chance to post anything. real life calls with opportunities and responsibilities that are going to be sucking up my time until the end of the month. though it's not exactly the way i'd like to spend my month, sometimes i have to remember that this is just a hobby of mine, rather than a living. but it's a hobby that i love, so if i'm silent for a while it's only temporary. i'll be looking forward to the sun coming up in june, but in the meantime here's a band/album/song that i have just been obsessed with lately. "though, to say we got much hope / if i am lost, it's only for a little while". see you next month.

band of horses : "monsters"
from the lp everything all the time (sub pop, 2006)

2 Comments:

Blogger nicholas said...

This is still my favorite Band of Horses song. One of my favorite songs of the past eight years or so, actually.

I've been singing along, "if I am lost it's only for a little while," for a very long time now. I do wonder, sometimes, how long a little while is supposed to be.

August 28, 2008 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger tad said...

i know what you mean. oh, how do i know what you mean...

August 30, 2008 at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites