sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

...(sigh)...

it's been nearly four weeks again since i last posted. my life has been full of uncertainty lately, which makes it difficult to write anything down in here. every time i feel inspired enough to begin writing a post, winds shift if not just slightly and circumstances change. i leave my thoughts unfinished and when i return later on my sentiments are no longer current. and the times that i do have something lasting to say, i find that i just don't have the time to say it.

and it's not even as if there hasn't been anything to inspire me lately--great shows like bright eyes with the la phil at the hollywood bowl and rilo kiley in santa monica, great new music from radiohead, and the insanity of these southern california wildfires. i guess i'm just a little short on time and energy lately. hopefully soon i'll pick up a little extra of both and get back to some regular updates. in the meantime, it's all nothing that a little m. ward can't help soothe.

m. ward : "carolina" mp3
from the lp end of amnesia (merge, 2001)
"oh where you goin'?" for the 250th time
"i'm waitin' for a sign"
"well it looks just like another line"
and i’m walking backwards to the place where i come from
oh but that aint enough, no you want me to run

i used to feel like california with baby’s eyes so blue
now i feel like carolina: i split myself in two
and i’m walking backwards from chicago through washington
but that ain't enough, no you want me to run

"better watch your soul it’ll leave you like a hundred bucks"
my friend said “stick to your guns” but instead i just got stuck
and i’m walking backwards looking forward to getting done
but that ain't enough no you want me to run

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites