sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

the proof that love's not only blind but deaf

those who really know me well know that i don't really have a nasty bone in my body. but sometimes i just can't help myself. the other night, out of morbid curiosity, i watched a little of "a shot at love with tila tequila" on mtv. the stupidity level of some of the people on this show is just staggering, even by the standards set by reality shows on mtv. anyway, watching the show made me think of a line in the song "fake tales of san francisco", by arctic monkeys. don't get me wrong--tila is definitely not an unattractive girl. it's just that i don't think she's nearly as attractive as she thinks she is. but what really gets me is the way this girl speaks, a strange mishmash of hip hop slang flavored with a valley-girl drawl. "a shot at love", really? all that's left is the proof that love's not only blind but deaf...

arctic monkeys : "fake tales of san francisco" mp3
from the lp whatever people say i am, that's what i'm not (domino, 2006)

another view of this show, from the lovely loquecia (here)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The most recent episode (Episode 4 on mtv.com) was the trashiest (and most exciting) yet! Last night, I casually mentioned the show at a party and started a passionate conversation amongst a few guys who (up to that point) had been in the closet as Tila Tequila viewers. It quickly turned into a support group where we each expressed our guilt and shame for liking the show so much. I agree with everything you said but I remain a devoted viewer. Don't judge. Cheers, VIla Tequila

November 3, 2007 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Comandante Agí said...

Get ready for a lot more of this reality TV cultural excrement now that the writers strike is underway. Does MTV even play music videos anymore? I mean, "music" is the first word in their name, right?

November 6, 2007 at 6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites