sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

stay, part 2

but then again, sometimes the separation is only temporary, and "stay" represents a hopeful opportunity. it provides a reminder of all the recent memories that i'm desperate to hold on to and draw strength from. maybe it was the very first night i met her, and the feeling that i never wanted to go away. maybe it was the first concert we went to, when i didn't want alexi murdoch to ever stop playing so the night would never have to end. maybe it's these past few weeks that seem to pass so unmercifully, drawing us ever closer to the day that seems impossible to survive.

belly : "stay" mp3
from the lp star (reprise records, 1993)
stay...oh stay
solomon dives for that big dusky pearl
solomon sighs, he knows he's older than me
sleeps with the fishes soon

stay...oh stay
solomon crawls on the belly of god
solomon falls on his face in love with me
he grows as old as the sea deep where the fishes are

stay...oh stay

he lives in the yard
he keeps himself hard
he keeps himself homeless and heartless and hard
he sleeps under stairs
along with the heirs of nothing
and nothing means no one who cares
but i love him dear
and i love him near
and i've loved him hundreds of thousands of years

stay.

stay...oh stay (stay with me)
stay...oh stay (stay with me)
it's not time for me to go
it's not time for me to go
it's not time for me to go

stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites