sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Monday, March 26, 2007

i told you once and you killed me twice

the fratellis' costello music finally got its stateside release a few weeks back and it's become an album that i just cannot put down. what arctic monkeys' whatever people say i am that's what i'm not was for me last year, that's what costello music is to me this year. just fun, like a barrel of monkeys (i wonder what makes a barrel of monkeys so much fun?). anyways, the fratellis made their u.s. television debut on friday on late night with conan o'brien, performing "flathead" and proving they don't need any (arctic) monkeys to kick ass.

the fratellis : "flathead (live on late night with conan o'brien)" mp3
from late night with conan o'brien (march 23, 2007)
from costello music (cherry tree records, 2007)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Throttleback said...

Actually, don't you think the performance was a little rushed and exhausting?
I picked up Costello Music as an import in November. I couldn't stop listening until the new year. Absolutely one of my top albums of last year. Just a joy. I think it's better than Arctic Monkeys, but it isn't a competition.
But, the performance left me flat. A song with that kind of singalong quality (I make my wife take the firs part and I, the second, when it comes on in the car) needs to be in the pocket.
I hope they improve their live show and not appear like they can't wait to get off the stage as soon as possible.
Great choice, though!

March 29, 2007 at 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites