sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

oops, did they do it again?

sure looks that way to me. what apple did for personal music players with the ipod may be peanuts compared to what the iphone, unveiled today at macworld expo 2007, may do for cell phones, pdas and well, ipods. this thing is a monster when it comes to the amount of technology that apple has packed into a device that is just slightly larger than the current full-size ipod: 3.5 inch widescreen display, mac os x with email and web browsing, wi-fi, bluetooth, a 2mp camera, and a new multi-touch on-screen user interface. the only drawbacks are the limited storage capacity (4gb or 8gb) and, of course, the price ($500 and $600). that's probably a little too pricey for most people (me included), but you can bet once the price comes down a bit and the skeptics are quieted, this will be a must-have come next holiday season.

see what else it can do (the interface on the ipod side is pretty sweet)
ilounge's coverage of macworld expo 2007

oh yeah, and they dropped the "computer" from their name. just call them "apple".

arcade fire : "my heart is an apple" mp3
from the ep arcade fire (merge records, 2003)

3 Comments:

Anonymous lemming said...

Don't forget about the 2 year contract.
What bothers me most, is that i can't use it for video telephoning.

January 10, 2007 at 4:15 AM  
Anonymous doctashock said...

Call me a hater, a Luddite or whatever you want, but color me the only person unimpressed by the iphone so far. I guess I'll have to actually see one to make a qualified call on it, but it realy doesn't do anything all that new except have a different interface and an Apple logo.

First and foremost in a phone I want to have an intuitive way to place calls. Any other features are secondary and for the most part tend to just get in my way. If current "smart phones" are any indication, dialing a simple phone number becomes a secondary function.

If I do want a certain feature, what I've seen from the Nokia "N" series looks like the top of the line for pretty much whatever you want, and each model is dedicated to one specific extra. I just hope they'll be released in the US soon.

All this coming from a guy who just recently spent $400 on the Nokia 8801 and is prety satisfied with what he paid for. I don't have anything against the iphone at all, and maybe holding one in my hand will change my mind, but again, outside of a new interface it doesn't have any capabilities that don't exist on other cell phones already.

January 11, 2007 at 10:03 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

I think Apple is set for life. All they have to do is put i in front of anything they want to sell and people will buy it.

January 12, 2007 at 4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites