sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

one more goodbye

as 2006 winds down to a close, i'd just like to say that these first five months of sand is overrated have been personally very rewarding and a lot of fun as well. i've had the good fortune of a meeting a lot of really interesting people who have helped draw me ever closer to this world we are all so crazy about. as the site continues to evolve and take shape, i hope that i can provide to some other people just half of what i get out of writing my own blog and reading all the other terrific ones out there.

looking ahead to the new year, i can't help but feel like i've picked the perfect time to get started in all of this, because 2007 looks to be an amazing year. upcoming releases include confirmed dates from the likes of the shins (1/23), norah jones (1/30), clap your hands say yeah (1/30), air (3/6), lcd soundsystem (3/20), grant-lee phillips (3/27), and bright eyes (4/10), as well as expected releases from arcade fire, the go! team, wilco, spoon, rilo kiley, and...radiohead. hopefully the weight of expectations won't kill too many of these releases for me, but regardless that is shaping up as one incredible lineup.

given my predilection for posting about m. ward, it is only fitting that he would help me as i say goodbye to 2006. he can't do much wrong in my book, and this seems like the perfect song to go out on. see you next year!

m. ward : "one more goodbye" mp3
from the compilation old enough 2 know better - 15 years of merge records (merge records, 2004)
one more chance before the end of the year
one more time for me to make my letters clear
well i found a pen and wrote these words in your ear
"one more goodbye"

one more chance to terrorize my aching head
reconsider in your soul what you read
well i found a crayon and wrote these words on your leg
"one more goodbye"

one more chance to throw your party by the lake
reconsider in your soul your mistake
well i found a match and wrote these words on your cake
"one more goodbye"

well i slipped and fell between the rocks and i got stuck
but i found a vine and i climbed my way up
and then i found some soap and wrote these words on your truck
"one more goodbye"

so i dreamed a train and away did i ride
well i cleared a place on that wooden floor where i could lie
and then i found a plane and wrote these words in the sky
"one more goodbye"

my final vision as i rattle down the track
as far away from me across the leaves and grass
i caught my guardian angel haulin' ass
"one more goodbye"

one more goodbye
one more goodbye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites