sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

the last song you might ever hear


i'm playing intramural flag football with a bunch of my grad student friends this year, and during last night's game i caught a knee to my head. i didn't go to the doctor so i'm not sure if it technically qualifies as a concussion, but things certainly went black for a moment there. afterwards one of my teammates told my roommate not to let me go to sleep for a while, and i think my roommate was more freaked out than i was because when i was going to bed last night he asked me what time he should wake me up. i said..."what?" and he said, "yeah what--like 2am?" i just laughed and told him i was fine and not to worry about it (but thanks for looking out for me anyway, k-man!), but at the same time it got me "thinking" about what if i went to sleep and didn't wake up? i say that in quotes because i didn't seriously consider that i wouldn't wake up--i'm not a hypochondriac--but just to entertain my whims, as i picked my usual couple songs to fall asleep to, i made sure to pick something that i would feel comfortable with having as the last song i ever heard. i was so tired that i didn't spend much time thinking about it, but i still think i picked a good one. not my favorite song, not even my favorite sigur rós song, but just one to let me close my eyes in peace.

sigur rós : "heysátan" (mp3)
from the lp takk... (geffen records, 2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites