sand is overrated

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Monday, October 30, 2006

a lack of updates


dear blog,
i am writing to apologize to you for the lack of attention i have given you in recent weeks. other obligatory commitments have conspired to draw my attention away from where i would most like to give it. it is not for lack of interest that i neglect you--it is simply the busy-ness of life. unfortunately it does not appear things will get any better in the next few weeks, so in the meantime i hope you will find a measure of comfort in these thoughts.

death cab for cutie : "a lack of color"
from the lp transatlanticism (barsuk records, 2003)
if you feel discouraged
when there's a lack of color here
please don't worry, lover
it's really bursting at the seams
absorbing everything
the spectrum's A to Z

my attention has been consumed recently by two aspects of my life that i find a bit tedious--school and work. they have turned my days into shades of grey, lacking in the color provided by the things i am most passionate about. but the feelings are still there, deep inside and waiting to be discovered anew. i know you will be there, waiting for me, when priorities are restored to their rightful order. because, well, you are a blog. but that makes me feel no better about not making the time for you now. you see, this is much more than something i want to do--it is something i need to do. i need to be able to find meaning where i didn't know meaning existed. i need to be able to understand the thoughts that run through my head at 3am on a tuesday morning. i need to be able to just bop my head and tap my foot when there is nothing left to consider. and i need to write it all down for you, because it helps me remember and, more importantly, understand. you help me to illuminate the colors of my life when the rest of the world seems to be shades of grey. and so for that, i shall return.

arcade fire : "neighborhood #1 (tunnels)"
from the lp funeral (merge records, 2004)
purify the colors
purify my mind
and spread the ashes of the colors
over this heart of mine!

p.s. with the mess that is ezarchive, i am at least temporarily (but probably permanently) switching over to fileden. i'm pretty sure i don't get the kind of traffic to necessitate more bandwidth than 5GB/month. one of the perks of being a small-time blogger, i guess. anyway, the rest of my links will be down for awhile until i have time to switch things over...or i may just cut everything else down and start from here. either way, i hope this works for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

all songs posted are for evaluation only. if you hear something you like and would like to hear more, please go ahead and support the artists by buying their music--i will always include links for you to do so. copyright holders: if anything on my site needs to be taken down, please email me and it will be removed immediately.

Wikio - Top Blogs - Music Add to Technorati Favorites